Photo Gallery

wordpress plugin

Friday, September 19, 2008

Alternative Story Forms (ASFs)

Since I am a newbie in multimedia and journalism in the U.S. I decided to start this blog and post questions on other blogs. I am more than happy to share the knowledge I gained today using a Poynter course called Beyond the Inverted Pyramid. ASFs are Questions and Answers, checklists, timelines and games. They are complete stories that provide more information to the main story, place the story into context. What is the difference between the main story and an ASF? An ASF is short (bite-size), and hopefully engages the reader to interact, gain knowledge, read the main story (it grabs the reader’s attention). According to the Eye Track Study by Poynter, the reader pays more attention to the ASFs. I am curious to see how ASFs will evolve in the future in online media.

No comments: