Photo Gallery

wordpress plugin

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Full Moon Over the Pier


Armed with a DSLR camera, a tripod, a wide angle lens, and my Yongnuo wireless remote control I headed to the St. Petersburg Pier for an astronomical experiment. I was hoping to see the full moon rising above the pier. If you are a Google Earth users you should should keep in mind these GPS coordinates:
27.776756 N, -82.630451 W (It's just South of the Vinoy on Bayshore-East side of Straub Park)

Here are some of my shots of the Full Moon Rise Over the Pier.
I wish I had a long lens too to capture the moment!!!!

More Full Moon shots are posted on Flickr.


I wanted to get the starburst effect so I stayed with high f-stops (f13 or higher, I kept the ISO at 200 or 400). Other tutorials siggest these parameters to chttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifapture the full moon with that orange glow near the horizon: ISO 200, f/8, 1/40-1/50s.
Here are more details on capturing the moon.

Exposure calculator

This great tutorial on night photography also covers the basic terms I used in this blog. Thanks, LeslieEy.com!

Another tutorial on photographing the moon.


Article about this topic on DP Review.

My previous posts on blue hour photography.

No comments: