Photo Gallery

wordpress plugin

Saturday, April 2, 2011

So you want to learn Photoshop....

I consider myself a lifelong learner when it comes to technology in general. Learning Photoshop was a nightmare for me but I am getting better and better in editing photos.
Since I learn best in interactive environment such as workshops, learning LR and CS5 is a bit expensive for me.
If you have a busy schedule, there are free and paid tutorials online, go have a look there for software training. Here are some of the best tutorials I have found online:
- Lynda.com http://www.lynda.com/Photoshop-training-tutorials/279-0.html
- CS5 tutorials on Youtube
- Photoshop User TV
- creativelive.com
-I highly recommend Chuck Vosburgh's tutorials on Youtube
He also offers workshops all over the world.

I belong to a couple of local photo clubs, you might want to check out if you have a photo club in your area. I am not a Photoshop expert and I always attend workshops and classes. I know they can get expensive but I learn best in class setting. There are tons of Photoshop tutorials and related blogs online.
The rest is- practice, practice, practice and share your knowledge and work with the online community using Flickr, Facebook or other platforms.

No comments: